Tue May 6, 2014
Election Results: May 6, 2014
General election highlights (to be updated):
- As expected, turnout was low in the primary election.
- The democratic challenger to governor John Kasich in November will be Cuyahoga County Executive Ed Fitzgerald.
- Speaker of the House John Boehner received 70+% of the votes for his district, including parts of Butler, Clark, Mercer, Darke, Preble and Miami counties.
- In Ohio's 10th district, Congressman Mike Turner won handily over his opponent, John Anderson.
- State Senator Shannon Jones received a wide majority of votes over challenger Kelly Kohls in the 7th District.
- Dayton's income tax issue has passed by a wide margin.
Links to county election results (results may be incomplete):
The Economy & Business