WYSO puts you in touch with your world, your state, and your community. It’s radio for the citizen in us all.
The generous contributions of WYSO members make our daily operations possible. We also have a group of dedicated partners who work to expand our operations:
Members of the WYSO Leaders major giving society contribute $500 and more each year and these dollars are used to grow WYSO’s programs – expanding your access to news and information.
WYSO Leaders are more than members – they are community partners.
Donate online here, or call Luke Dennis at 769-1379 to join the circle of WYSO Leaders.
Many of our Leaders are also Sustainers
Consider becoming a Leader at the $50/month or $100/month levels with a Sustaining Membership.
Who Joins WYSO Leaders?
- You, the longtime member who maintains a great appreciation for the services WYSO provides and has the means to make a more substantial gift.
- You, the internet listener who enjoys the depth and breadth of WYSO's award-winning programs.
- You, the commuter who enjoys the long-form news coverage WYSO provides on the way to and from work each day.
Benefits for WYSO Leaders
Becoming a WYSO Leader carries with it a variety of exclusive benefits, including:
- opportunities to interact with General Manager Neenah Ellis and program hosts at a series of “Listening Parties” at the station throughout the year
- occasional ticket offers to performing arts events
- behind-the-scenes peeks at program production
Most importantly, WYSO Leaders play a significant role in ensuring the continued success of a station that so many depend on, learn from and enjoy.
WYSO Leaders Events Schedule
Upcoming Listening Parties at the WYSO World Headquarters, 150 E. South College Street, Yellow Springs, OH, 45387:
The next Listening Party is June 4 from 7-9pm.
This time we are offering a behind-the scenes glimpse of WYSO’s new series REDISCOVERED RADIO. Meet producer Jocelyn Robinson and listen to excerpts of raw material from the WYSO Archive, which dates back to our first broadcast in 1958. You’ll hear samples of the original content from which Robinson will craft a year’s worth of REDISCOVERED RADIO episodes, as she gives you a personal tour of her process and approach.
With your permission, every WYSO Leader will be mentioned on air once a day for one week once a year:
"WYSO is supported by members of WYSO’s Major Giving Society, WYSO Leaders. Leaders -- such as NAME of CITY -- invest in the growth of the station. For information about our major giving program, contact development director Luke Dennis at 769-1379."
When we ask for your permission to do this, we’ll also confirm the schedule with you.