Private contributions from listeners enable WYSO to produce, acquire and distribute engaging, thoughtful, and entertaining programs. At times financial gifts provide an edge, and sometimes they even ensure survival. In either circumstance, they are critical. Your commitment makes the difference.
Generous annual support of $500 and above places you in an elite category of donors we call WYSO Leaders.
Who Joins WYSO Leaders?
- You, the longtime member who maintains a great appreciation for the services WYSO provides and has the means to make a more substantial gift.
- You, the internet listener who enjoys the depth and breadth of WYSO's award-winning programs.
- You, the commuter who enjoys the long-form news coverage WYSO provides on the way to and from work each day.
You are movers and shakers out there in the Miami Valley. You are leaders in your communities and at your businesses.
At some point, you got hooked on WYSO. You believe in it. It’s an essential part of your day. You wouldn’t give so generously if it weren’t.
Benefits for WYSO Leaders Members
Becoming a WYSO Leader carries with it a variety of exclusive benefits, including:
- opportunities to interact with General Manager Neenah Ellis and program hosts at a series of “Listening Parties” throughout the year
- occasional free ticket offers to performing arts events
- behind-the-scenes peeks at program production or access to special concerts and events
Most importantly, WYSO Leaders play a significant role in ensuring the continued success of a station that so many depend on, learn from and enjoy.
WYSO Leaders Events Schedule for 2013-14
There are WYSO Leaders group events throughout the year – VIP events like “Listening Parties” at the station and special receptions in Dayton and Springfield. Upcoming listening parties include:
Wednesday, September 25
Monday, December 2
Tuesday, January 21
Thursday, March 27
There are several ways we acknowledge WYSO Leaders. With your permission, you’ll be mentioned in our newsletters and annual report. Further, every WYSO Leader will be mentioned on air once a day for one week once a year:
“WYSO is supported by listeners like you and from members of WYSO’s Major Giving Society, WYSO Leaders, including [your name] of [your city]...”
When we ask for your permission to do this, we’ll also confirm the schedule with you.
For more information, or to become a WYSO Leader, please contact Development Director Luke Dennis at (937) 769-1379 or firstname.lastname@example.org.