Every Sunday morning on WYSO Weekend host Jerry Kenney brings you the news of issues, interviews, arts and cultural events from across the Miami Valley. WYSO Weekend is WYSO's Radio Magazine.
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for January 13, 2013 including the following stories:
- Jerry Kenney talks to filmmaker Julia Reichert about ReInvention Stories, a new collaborative series on WYSO and we hear the first story in the series about the Fifth Street Brewpub.
- Emily McCord speaks with Bill Wharton from the public health department for Dayton and Montgomery County about this year's flu outbreak.
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for January 6, 2013 including the following stories:
- Community Voices producer Amelia Robinson interviews descendants of Jordan Anderson, the author of A Letter From a Former Slave to His Master.
- A report from Ohio Statehouse correspondent Karen Kasler about the response to the Armed Teacher Traning Program.
- On the lighter side of the news, Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles reports on an Ohio man using his acting skills to sell Tupperware.
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for December 30, 2012 including the following stories:
- Emily McCord's report for NPR on the Welcome Dayton program.
- Tim O'Brien's speech at the 2012 Dayton Literary Peace Prize. O'Brien is this year's recipient of the Richard C. Holbrooke Distinguished Achievement Award.
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for December 23, 2012 including the following stories:
- Emily McCord reports on "Dropoly," a joint initiative from the University of Dayton and Energize Clinton County to help residents save money.
- Jerry Kenney speaks with Kent Youngman, CEO of the Greene County Mental Health and Recovery Board, about substances abuse and mental health issues and awareness in the area.
- Two speeches from the 2012 Dayton Literary Peace Prize: Adam Hochshild, the nonfiction winner, and fiction winner, Anderw Krivak.
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for December 16, 2012 including the following stories:
- Jerry Kenney interviews David Seyer, executive director of A Special Wish Foundation about their efforts.
- Jerry Kenney interviews two students from McKinley Middle School in Yellow Springs about a book collection they're holding for schools in Rawanda.
- Jerry Kenney speaks with members of the Fifth Street Brewpub Coop.
- The first in our series of speeches from the 2012 Dayton Literary Peace. We hear from non-fiction runner up, Annia Ciezadlo.
WYSO 150 East South College St. Yellow Springs, OH 45387 Office: (937) 767-6420 Studio/Requests: (937)769-1998 Listener Comments: (937)769-1374
©2013 WYSO |