Around the Miami Valley
Mon September 2, 2013
WYSO Weekend: September 1, 2013
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for September 1, 2013 including the following stories:
- Dayton Opposes "Stand Your Ground" Bill, by Emily McCord
- WYSO's Lewis Wallace reports on Cedarville's historic connection to Labor Day
- The Cost Of Expanding Medicaid Debated In Dayton, by Emily McCord
- Drive-in Movie Theaters Struggle to Go Digital, by Community Voices producer Lauren Shows: Over the last few years, due to pressure from the film industry, more and more movie theaters have been converting their projection method from 35 millimeter film to digital. While many small and independent theaters have been struggling to adapt, drive-in theaters in particular are at a crucial moment in this nationwide transition. Community Voices Producer Lauren Shows takes us to Dayton's Dixie Twin Drive-In to find out why.
- Jerry Kenney recaps peace and civil rights celebrations in Dayton earlier in the week: On Wednesday in downtown Dayton, several internationally important events centered around ‘peace’ were celebrated. The 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King’s famous “I Have a Dream” speech. It was also the 100th anniversary of the Peace Palace in The Hague, Netherlands.