Around the Miami Valley
WYSO Weekend: August 25, 2013
Full episode of WYSO Weekend for August 25, 2013 including the following stories:
- State Report Card Shows Mixed Grades For Miami Valley Schools, by Jerry Kenney
- Roundtable on Infant Mortality Rates to be Held, by Jerry Kenney: Members of the Ohio Senate Committee on Medicaid, Health, and Human Services and other health professionals from around the state met in Cincinnati Thursday to discuss Ohio’s high infant mortality rate. I spoke with State Senator Shannon Jones, who chairs that committee.
- WYSO's Emily McCord and Ohio Public Radio's Jo Ingles wrap up the week's political news
- Jerry Kenney speaks with Steven Curtis of Fair Tax Ohio about the work the organization is doing to raise awareness of tax issues facing Americans.
- WYSO General Manager Neenah Ellis remembers jazz pianist Marian McPartland who died earlier in the week. Dave Barber will pay tribute to McPartland on Tuesday, August 27th during Jazz Night, beginning at 8pm
- A preview of a special production of Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream speech. Hear the Community Voices production We Have a Dream in its entirety on Wednesday, August 28th during Excursions.