WYSO Programming Notes
WYSO Hosts Screenless Screening at FilmDayton Festival
Community Voices is all about getting local voices on the air. WYSO held it's second Community Voices training course this year - teaching 10 local people how to make radio stories by, for, and about the Miami Valley. You'll hear those stories and meet the producers at the Screenless Screening. It's August 26th at the Black Box Improv Theatre in downtown Dayton beginning at noon.
- Will Davis tells the story of local filmmaker Justin Russell’s retro slasher film, “The Sleeper”.
- Mark Babb visits an online estate auction company to find out what the things we leave behind say about us.
- Alexis Larsen profiles local artist Winnie Siedler.
- Wally Rehm finds out why volunteers at Glen Helen keep removing invasive plants – knowing they’ll eventually grow back.
- “Boogie Nights” by Basim Blunt chronicles the history of funk music in Dayton.
- Kristen Wicker finds out what really goes on in local man caves.
- Jennifer Carlson explores the new Vitruvian Brew Company in Yellow Springs.
- Judy Whelley looks at what happens to people in relationships with sex addicts.
- Tracy Staley tells the story of Burundian refugees building community through an urban garden.
- “Sacred Harp” by Alan Staiger takes us to a shape note ‘singing.’
Ticket information: http://filmdayton.ticketleap.com/fest2012/