Employment Opportunties at WYSO
Tue May 13, 2014
Job Posting: Morning Edition Host/Reporter
91.3 WYSO Public Radio in Yellow Springs, Ohio seeks an experienced and energetic reporter/host who has a commitment to covering local news on multiple platforms. The host/reporter is responsible for creating excellent local radio news reports and web content daily and contributing to the overall smooth functioning of the news department. The ideal candidate will be a strong reporter, writer and host with experience hosting Morning Edition and reporting in a public radio newsroom. Pleasing on-air delivery and proven ability to collaborate effectively are required.
The WYSO coverage area includes the cities of Dayton and Springfield, Ohio and the surrounding nine counties with a potential FM listening audience in excess of 1.1 million.
- Host Morning Edition, prepare and deliver noon newscast as needed, contribute to website daily.
- Exercise solid journalism judgment consistent with public radio news programming standards and values. Strong grounding in journalism ethics and best practices.
- Proven ability to produce news content for both on-air and web delivery on deadline. May be called upon to host breaking news coverage, host call-in or talk show programs as needed.
- Collaborate with WYSO news team daily to create radio and web content.
- Participate in station events and fundraising. Must demonstrate a deep commitment to community and willingness to interact with listeners.
B.A., B.S. or equivalent required with at least three years of journalism experience or its equivalent in a newsroom. Candidate must demonstrate superior attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities while adhering to deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and links to air work samples to email@example.com. Electronic applications are preferred. If direct mail is required, please send documents to Antioch College, Human Resources, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs OH 45387. WYSO is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Review of applications will begin immediately.