News

Pages

Arts & Culture
7:59 pm
Mon March 12, 2012

Conrad's Corner: May 12, 2012

Conrad Balliet reads John Booth's poem, "Don't Drink & Drive."

Books
1:11 pm
Mon March 12, 2012

Book Nook: Burn Down the Ground, Kambri Crews

Kambri Crews grew up in a rather unusual family. Both of her parents are deaf. Kambri and her brother were granted extraordinary freedoms. Their parents couldn't hear what the kids were up to and Kambri and her brother could hear perfectly well. So they got into lots of mischief.

When Kambri was a young girl the family moved out to the middle of nowhere, a densely wooded Texas acreage. They lived in primitive conditions. Her parents were often on the verge of breaking up.

Read more
Around the Miami Valley
10:32 am
Mon March 12, 2012

WYSO Weekend: March 11, 2012

Full episode of WYSO Weekend for March 11, 2012 containing the following stories:

-Jerry Kenney interviews Montgomery County Commissioner Judy Dodge about Dayton's First Four Festival

-Juliet Fromholt interviews Ben Rivet and Tori Reynolds about Go With the Flow, a program they developed that combines yoga with live music. 

-Jerry Kenney speaks with David Van Allen, spokesman for the United States Postal Service about the proposed consolidation of regional services.

Read more
Statewide News
9:13 am
Mon March 12, 2012

Obama Administration Turns Down Clermont Disaster Request

Officials in a southern Ohio county hard hit by the recent tornado and storms say they won't appeal a federal denial of disaster aid.

Clermont County officials tell The Cincinnati Enquirer they are following advice from the Ohio Emergency Management Agency that an appeal would delay other possible federal aid.  That includes possible Small Business
Administration loan availability.

Gov. John Kasich announced Friday that the Barack Obama administration had turned down the disaster request. Ohio has activated state programs to help residents and businesses.

Around the Miami Valley
9:00 am
Mon March 12, 2012

Report: Agreement in Cincinnati Occupy Disputes

A newspaper reports an agreement has been reached between the city of Cincinnati and Occupy protesters charged last year after police say they trespassed or refused to leave a public park at closing.

The Cincinnati Enquirer reports the agreement expected to be filed Monday says a portion of the downtown Piatt Park will be a 24-hour public space beginning next week.  Cincinnati City Solicitor John Curp told the newspaper Sunday the agreement also prohibits encampments and tents.

It also ends a federal lawsuit against the city.

Read more

Pages